A rare KPM two-handled Medici vase and plinth, ca. 1830, with underglaze blue scepter and stenciled brown eagle over KPM mark. H: 28.5 inches.
Recto painted with a grisaille portrait of Crown Prince Friederich Wilhelm of Prussia, later King and Emperor Friederich IV , plinth decorated with a variant of the Hohenzollern Coat of Arms marked ‘F” in detail. Verso a fine painted prospect from Berlin looking from the Royal Palace (damaged during WWII and later demolished) towards Altes Museum (designed by architect Karl Friederich Schinkel and inaugurated 1830). Some restoration.